Tuesday 18 August 2015

Bright pink Clemence!

Hi! After enjoying making Megan from 'Love at First Stitch' I have decided to make another pattern from this book...The Clemence skirt! The Clemence is a high waisted gathered skirt. I have purchased a bright pink Makower cotton from Sew Over It in Islington. If you haven't visited, it's a beautiful shop with plenty of fabrics and patterns to choose from. I couldn't help indulging in quite a few of Lisa's patterns when I was there as well as this fabric!
The Clemence skirt involves some self drafting, however this is simple and only relates to one measurement, the waist. I'm slightly concerned that the fabric I have chosen is a mid-weight cotton which could become bulky at the waist because of the gathers. Does anyone have any tips to avoid this?

No comments:

Post a Comment