Thursday 20 August 2015

Oh my darling Clemence...

I have been busy sewing again! This time I have decided to make the Clemence skirt using the self drafting instructions by Tilly and the Buttons in 'Love at First Stitch'. I really enjoyed sewing this skirt, particularly as it has French seams (the zig-zag stitch on my machine is pretty pathetic) which makes it beautiful both inside and out. I love the gathered full skirt and just couldn't resist a swishing picture!
This was my first project dabbling with pattern drafting and I loved it. It has resulted in a skirt which fits extremely well and which needed absolutely no alterations at all. I had some large paper which had centimetre squares on it which made the whole process even easier as I could be sure everything was completely straight and square. I had some difficulties with the zip insertion this time. I bought a different style zip which was softer and had material sides which were akin to netting. This didn't work well with the skirt which is made of medium-weight cotton. However, after a couple of attempts I'm rather happy with how it went in.
I couldn't resist styling Clemence with my Kate Spade Flower Pot bag which Susie and Belle (her seal-point sister) were very interested in!
What projects have you been working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment