Sunday 27 September 2015

I'm lost without you...

Last weekend tragedy struck...my poor singer sewing machine broke! I was felling very proud of myself as I was sewing a UFO which I wasn't particularly enjoying making when my tread take up snapped. It appears that a very long screw has been coming loose for a long time and had finally come out far enough to obstruct the thread take up. After staying calm and hoping that perhaps a spare part existed...I have had to accept that I need a new one!
This has led me to trawl the internet high a low for a possible machine! Before my singer I used to sew on my mums Janome, which must have been around for about twenty years, so I'm leaning towards a Janome. The Janome CXL301 seems to be very popular.
Does anyone have any thoughts on it? What do you sew on? Any recommendations for my next machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment