Saturday 3 October 2015

A happy ending...

After the trauma of a broken machine last week I started a huge amount of research into a potential new one and was given a fantastic amount of advice from the sewing community on google plus! So thank you very much to all of you! I decided to go with my initial gut feeling and bought the Janome CXL301 because I felt that for the money it offered me the most and I trust the Janome brand. I bought the machine from a rather fantastic shop called GUR sewing machines which had brilliant customer service. I phoned them to place the order and they were able to offer me a discount over the phone which was brilliant! I placed the order at 12 o'clock on Thursday afternoon and it had arrived by 9 o'clock the next day! I couldn't have hoped for a better service. Needless to say I was desperate to get home yesterday.
You can see the excitement on my face here!
I just couldn't resist a play last night! I can't believe how quiet it is compared to my other machine, which caused a complete racket and rumbled around as I was sewing. It also does some nice embroidery stitches, so I definitely see some embroidery details being added to hems and pockets in the future. Needless to say I am one happy girl this weekend! Now...off to finish my UFO...

3 comments:

  1. So jealous of your beautiful new machine -I have one of the rumbly ones st the moment. So exciting for you to have such nice equipment to create on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randi,
      I feel your pain, my old one was very rumbly. I wasn't brave enough to invest in a new one until it feel on the floor and broke!

      Delete
  2. We have achieved more than 712 errands till now, every one of the endeavors we have done are master adequately. We have a far reaching number of satisfied customers; we work for the satisfaction of the customers. Home internal parts UAE is an organization outfitting association that outfits the customers with staggering cleaning, sewing and settling organizations of various sorts. We have the most amazing wrapCurtain Alterations Dubai, we do all what the customers' solicitations from us concerning settling.
    Visit here: http://curtaindubai.ae/curtains-dubai/

    ReplyDelete