Tuesday 27 October 2015

Coco take 2

I know, I know it really wasn't long ago that I made Tilly and the Buttons Coco but they're just so snuggly that I couldn't resist! You may have caught a glimpse of this Coco in my post about my new sewing machine. I decided to make it after seeing this dress in Boden.
I found a giant dogtooth Ponte de roma on the Minerva website but sadly it was out of stock so I went for a smaller version. I ordered 2 metres which meant that I was able to sew long sleeves this time making it even more snuggly.
I decided to make a size 2 on top this time, which fits much better across the back. I still think that I would like to add a little more ease in this area next time though (that's right, I'm already searching for more ponte de roma).
This time I was able to sew Coco using my serger, which made the whole process so much easier and gives the dress more stretch. When top stitching I used a walking foot which has resulted in my pockets feeling more secure and substantial. Once again I absolutely love this dress, if you haven't made a Coco yet I definitely recommend making one for the up coming cold winter months!

2 comments: