Saturday 10 October 2015

Coco...oh how I love thee

I'm afraid my Tilly and the Buttons Coco dress has been around a while, so much so that it was made pre serger and was sewn with my old machine. It's taken me a while to blog about it because it spends most of its time either being worn or in the wash!
I made the dress in a size one and graded out to a size 2 at the hips but after trying it on, it was far too small across the back. I unpicked the arms and reattached them with a dinky seem. I then preceded to have a huge paddy as it was still too small, shoved it at the back of the wardrobe (where all the failures live-tell me I'm not the only one?) However, one chilly morning I thought I'd try it on again and despite the obvious fitting issues I love it. It really is the most comfortable item in my wardrobe. It feels a bit like getting dressed and putting a blanket on! It was a fantastically simple sew and was easy to sew on a regular sewing machine. I bought the fabric from Walthamstow market and a metre and a half cost me £2.25 and so it was an absolute bargain! I believe that it is double-knit fabric. I had to make three-quarter sleeves as I didn't have quite enough fabric to make full sleeves!
I have got a feeling that there are going to be many, many more Coco dresses in my future handmade wardrobe! Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment