Sunday 11 October 2015

The Knit and Stitch Show

I have just returned from a fabulous day at The Knit and Stitch show at Ally Pally! It was so inspiring to see so many enthusiastic people who enjoy such a range of crafts!
Here is my mum and I on the tube and full of excitement! There were so many fabulous fabrics and patterns, I had to be very restrained (my stash is far too large at the moment!). It was nice to see some of my favourite independent pattern designers there too, seeing Lisa Comfort at Sew Over It, Tilly Walnes and Merchant and Mills!
I'm wearing my new Tilly and the Buttons Orla top here...I'll hopefully fill you in on this top this week because it's a beaut to sew! It was also lovely to see the installations, some of which were absolutely amazing! Who would have thought that these fish were knitted?
There were one or two which were slightly more unusual...
Here my purchases from the day...
I bought the trapeze dress from Merchant and Mills and a black and grey 100% wool to make it with. I also bought a metre of light pink 100% wool from Merchant and Mills, which I think will make a beautiful Cami. I just couldn't resist the pink cat fabric (I hate to think how many cat print fabrics currently reside in my stash) and a rather bright floral drapey fabic (which I'm not so sure about now it's home). On that note, I'm off to put my new fabric in the washing machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment