Saturday 5 March 2016

Let the spring sewing commence...

It feels slightly ridiculous to be sharing this make with you today especially as it has been snowing only this morning! But I have decided to begin sewing some spring/summery wardrobe pieces whilst also still trying to wade my way through my wool stash (far too large for this time of year of course) before I have to put it away for a few months.

I have been busy sewing another Deer and Doe Datura. I love this pattern, it sews together beautifully and is constructed so that it is gorgeous both inside and out. Since I began sewing there has been a big influx of pattern into my wardrobe and I'm lacking plains to wear with them so this was a tactical make!

It's made using a cream cotton fabric which has an embellished edge. Datura originally has a curved hem which wouldn't have worked with this fabric so I extended the top to the lowest point the whole way around. I was concerned that it would look boxy but I think it actually looks less boxy than the original design.
Pattern matching is definitely not a strong point of mine so I'm pretty pleased with the match if the curves at the back and side. I used some heart buttons from my button stash to finish the back of the top.

I have no doubt that that this will become a wardrobe staple (when it stops snowing and raining!). Happy sewing x

No comments:

Post a Comment