Sunday 13 March 2016

Linden Sweatshirt Hack

I absolutely fell in love with a sweatshirt in Liberty about a year ago. It had a rather large price tag which I just couldn't justify so I sadly left it behind. This winter however, I decided to try and make my own using the Grainline Linden pattern and I couldn't be happier!
This was the original, I think that they're pretty closely matched!
The Linden pattern itself was a dream to work with and made up quickly and easily. I sewed it together using an overlocker but it could easily be made using a sewing machine. When topstitching my sewing machine initially struggled with feeding the fleecy back through so I attached my walking foot which worked much better.

I adapted the pattern by flaring it out at the sides to alter the shape. The peplum was made using a double layer of black organza which I cut from the width of the fabric, gathered then hand stitched onto the hem.
I'm really pleased with this make, there will definitely be a few more Linden sweatshirts appearing in my wardrobe!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment