Friday 25 March 2016

An Emery in Pencil Shavings

I was gifted this rather lovely Liberty print by my Dad for Christmas. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it to be an Emery dress! It's the perfect print for a teacher to wear too, isn't it?
I have made the Emery before so no adjustments were needed which made it a pretty quick project. I decided to go for the collar this time instead of the bow. I had reservations about the collar which seems large on some Emery dresses but I think that the heavy pattern of the fabric helps it to blend in and alleviate this.
I was going through a 'sew the stash' phase which means that it is lined in a very boring grey lining fabric. I regret this decision as having my makes beautiful inside and out is really important to me.
As ever, the cheery on top of the Emery dress are the pockets! This dress is definitely going to become one of my favourites.

I hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend. Happy sewing x

3 comments:

  1. Love this Emery dress.Perfect for a teacher. I'm amazed you find time to sew at all! I'm an ex-teacher myself, so I know what it's like. I am currently making my own first version x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, thank you! Ah, tell me about it! It tends to be a half term/holiday hobby!! Good luck with your Emery, I'm sure that you will love it xx

      Delete
  2. Your dress is amazing. I likie this pattern and nice bebe collar

    ReplyDelete