Saturday 19 March 2016

Scrumptious Saiph

I have been ogling the Paper Cut Saiph pattern for a while so I decided that it was time to take the plunge and start sewing. I bought a spotty drapey fabric from Walthamstow market. On reflection the pattern of the fabric is a little too loud for me but I'm still pleased with the dress.
The pattern is actually a tunic, which I don't tend to wear so I decided to lengthen the bodice pattern piece to make it into a dress instead. I originally made the dress with long sleeves but the pattern of the fabric seemed over whelming on me so I shortened them into three quarter length before hemming.
The dress has a gorgeous peplum bottom which is made using a full circle. Because of this it has lots of movement which I love.
The pattern would be great for beginners (or zip haters) as is has a button back using a rouleau loop. I used a pretty heart button which I had in my stash.
As the peplum is made using a full circle I finished the hem using satin bias binding. I haven't used satin bias binding before but it was absolutely perfect for the drapey fabric as it doesn't restrict it at all. I will definitely be adding more satin bias binding to my stash!
Happy sewing!

1 comment: