Sunday 24 April 2016

Swooing for The Merchant and Mills Camber!

I love this dress so much that for the first time ever I made two straight after each other! They are in constant rotation in my wardrobe and I love both of them for their absolute simplicity.

Each dress took only a couple of hours to make and was very simple to construct. There is a gorgeous yoke detail which finishes the inside beautifully.

Fit wise, Merchant and Mills are supposed to be relaxed and baggy. But I find that making the size they recommend is too baggy so I always size down from what they recommend and so far it's worked well for fitting.

The first Camber was made in a brushed cotton from Walthamstow market. The brushed cotton is incredibly cosy, it's like wearing a hug and has got me through a fair few Monday morning blues!

Here is a close up of the fabric
My second Camber is made of Liberty corduroy bought from Goldhawk Road. I've affectionately called this my 'sofa dress'!
It doesn't fall quite a nicely as the brushed cotton dress as the fabric isn't as heavy but I still like how it looks.
I only had a meter of the Liberty fabric which meant I didn't have enough fabric for the inside yoke so instead I used a plain piece of black cotton I had. Because of this I decided to finish the hems with black bias binding to pull it all together.
The Camber is definitely one of my favourite day dress patterns and I can feel a few more coming on! Happy stitching x

No comments:

Post a Comment