Sunday 19 June 2016

Fabric shoppin in Brighton

Brighton has to be one of my favourite places in England. So when I heard that Sewmance was on I thought that it would be great to time it with a trip to see some family.
We started out at Sewmance which was held in a bar on the seafront. This was the first year it was held so it was small but there was some nice fabric there. It was great to see Village Haberdashery (who are based in Hove) because I wouldn't have seen them otherwise.
I only bought one fabric from Sewmance, this rather pretty cotton voile.
After Sewmance we headed into the city to Fabricland which was absolutely amazing! So many pretty prints at brilliant prices! I wish there was one closer to where I live. My fabric stash is lacking cottons so I bought quite a few! Perhaps it was being at the seaside but I seem to have been drawn to birds...
A cotton stretch sateen which I'm imagining will be a pencil skirt.
A viscose print which I'm thinking will be a Tilly and the Buttons Marigold.
Another two cotton prints. I'm not sure what to do with these yet!

Next we headed to Brighton Sewing Centre where there were lots of pretty prints on quilting weight cotton.

Then it was straight to Ditto which is such a pretty shop! Everywhere we looked there were gorgeous roles of fabric.
I was very restrained and only bought one fabric a pretty sweatshirt fleece which I'm sure will become yet another Grainline Linden...
Fabric shopping in Brighton certainly was not a disappointment and I have no doubt that I will be going back to fabric shop again.

Happy stitching x

No comments:

Post a Comment