Sunday 17 July 2016

As high as a lark

I LOVE this t-shirt! After me made may, I decided that I needed more me made tops so I purchased the Grainline Lark tee. It has been a faboulous addition already and comes with so many different variations.

The t-shirt sewed up exceptionally quickly. Taking only about an hour. Perfect for when sewing time is a bit squeezed!

I made the t-shirt using a metre of fabric. There's a bit left over which I'm hoping to squeeze some underwear from. This gorgeously colourful fabric is from girl charlee. It has a lovely drape to it which is perfect for this pattern.
I cut the top out separately rather than on the fold to make it easier to pattern match. I always find pattern matching tricky so I am pretty please with how the stripes matched.
The t-shirt pattern is very long. I shortened the pattern by about 4 inches and it's still this long! As I usually tuck my t-shirts in, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Because I loved the t-shirt so much, I made another one straight away! This time using a striped jersey from Walthamstow Market.

I really liked the effect of cutting the neckline with the striped vertical on my first version so I did this again for my monochrome version.
I'm already planning a few plain versions which will make it easier to wear some of my patterned skirts!

Happy stitching x

No comments:

Post a Comment