The instructions have been tweaked since making this dress but they were beautifully easy to use even in their draft form. The pattern is so well thought out and includes a design page in which you can experiment with the beautiful lines of the dress and also ideas for tweaking the dress such as by including piping (an option I was seduced into using).
This dress has some gorgeous design details including pockets, a multi-panelled front with princess seams and is also fully lined so there's plenty to get your teeth into! Because of all these details it's certainly not a quick make but sometimes it's nice to take time over a longer project.
Alteration wise I needed to take 2cm out of the bodice which is an unusual one for me. I also needed to take it in slightly at the bust which is an alteration I frequently make.
I decided to add piping to some of the design lines. I haven't used piping before and it definitely made my life more difficult as I tried to navigate pattern matching the gingham!
Happy stitching x