After dipping my feet back into the sewing water with a couple of Grainline Lark tees I decided to tackle a pattern that has been lurking in my stash unappreciated for about a year, the Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse. Boy am I glad that I finally decided to make this pattern. I am head over heels in love with it!
I made the blouse in a translucent drapey fabric bought from The Knit and Stitch Show. It has flowers on which are raised giving the fabric a pretty texture. When I bought the fabric, I didn't notice that it was only 1m wide and only bought 1.5m. Because of this the long sleeve that the pattern is designed with just wasn't possible. Initially I thought that I would go sleeveless but when I tried it on without sleeves it seemed boxey and unbalanced on me. Because of this I instead decided to cut the given sleeve down into a short sleeve which I had enough fabric for.
As ever, happy stitching x